Cinematheque and WUD Film present “Bottle Rocket” and “Rushmore” this Friday in the Union South Marquee
Claymation camp premieres, a Wes Anderson double feature, & the short films of Phantom Moth Productions
This Thursday July 24th at the Central Library, LakeFrontRow.com and the Madison Public Library present films from Madison’s Nicolas Alexander and Phantom Moth Productions. Over the ...
The Appleton studio's co-founder talks about the inspiration behind the idea and their return to crowdfunding
Previewing the summer movie lineup on Arts Extract podcast with Madison Film Forum
Earlier this week, the Cinematheque released their summer programming schedule, and most reactions hovered somewhere between tepid excitement and frothing hyperbole. The one response directed at UW’s film group ...
The Central Cinema program screens Julia Haslett’s deeply personal documentary on the French Philosopher
Madison’s former poet laureate will present clips from the PBS documentary and lead a discussion
The show begins at 3:00p and admission is $5. Each director will also be present for a post-show Q&A.
The “bike-in movie series” closes its first screening poll on July 4th
The Blog Roll
- The best scene in ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ is the one that creates all of its problems
- In ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel,’ Wes Anderson cleans house — specifically, his own
- Oscar’s animated shorts underwhelm with familiar territory
- We all hustle to survive: Transformative ugliness in ‘American Hustle’
- Stuck in the middle with Llew: The music of ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ is more than a soundtrack
16 dates in, guess which city the Wisconsin mine documentary *isn't* playing in yet? www.prwatch.org/news/2014/07/1…