How “Approaching the Elephant” and “The Overnighters” represent the best of this year’s offerings
Duck Soup Cinema, Alexander Payne & E.L. Katz in person, and some docu-downers
A look ahead at the highs and lows in this year's festival
The video artist chats in advance of his Central Cinema visit
Eight films spread over all eight days for the overwhelmed cinephile
The actress re-teams with director Joe Swanberg for another surprising turn
David Gordon Green’s newest film gives the actor a soapbox
The 100th anniversary program may be among the most vital in this year’s festival
The Blog Roll
- Oscar’s animated shorts underwhelm with familiar territory
- We all hustle to survive: Transformative ugliness in ‘American Hustle’
- Stuck in the middle with Llew: The music of ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ is more than a soundtrack
- ‘Afternoon Delight’: Can a director Q&A make a film worse?
- ‘Insidious Chapter 2′: Not Another Slasher Movie
RT @WUD_Film: This semester's Social Cinema Series on Immigration continues tonight with "The State of Arizona." 7pm, FREE at the Marquee Theater.
Madison's BURN THE MONEY plays tonight at 7 at the Inferno. Tix are $10 at the door -- with or without clown makeup: www.facebook.com/events/148308…