Once more, with feeling!
Claymation camp premieres, a Wes Anderson double feature, & the short films of Phantom Moth Productions
The Appleton studio's co-founder talks about the inspiration behind the idea and their return to crowdfunding
Previewing the summer movie lineup on Arts Extract podcast with Madison Film Forum
Earlier this week, the Cinematheque released their summer programming schedule, and most reactions hovered somewhere between tepid excitement and frothing hyperbole. The one response directed at UW’s film group ...
Cinematheque and WUD Film present “Bottle Rocket” and “Rushmore” this Friday in the Union South Marquee
Doors open at 6:00p in Rm 302 of the Central Library. Admission is FREE.
The Central Cinema program screens Julia Haslett’s deeply personal documentary on the French Philosopher
Madison’s former poet laureate will present clips from the PBS documentary and lead a discussion
The Blog Roll
- The best scene in ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ is the one that creates all of its problems
- In ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel,’ Wes Anderson cleans house — specifically, his own
- Oscar’s animated shorts underwhelm with familiar territory
- We all hustle to survive: Transformative ugliness in ‘American Hustle’
- Stuck in the middle with Llew: The music of ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ is more than a soundtrack
POMPEII is back at AMC Star this Mon. thru Wed. So... run for your lives? (9:30p. Tickets are $3) ow.ly/i/6mwii
Me. Want. Cage? Nic Cage "cages" his way thru cave-people family film THE CROODS. $2 at Marcus Point/Eastgate (Sun, Mon, and Wed at 10:00a)